cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Rado79
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Light print image on cardstock only - E87640

HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP E87640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since the installation of the machine, it prints well on plain paper, but on cardstock / 300g / it prints a light image. There is not enough transfer. I make all the necessary settings. Does anyone have the same problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,432 5,416 632 896
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

300gsm is too heavy paper for that printer model, if you print on 200 gsm how is print quality?

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Rado79
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I print on 300g cardboard there is a very pale image on it. I make all the settings but it doesn't print well at all. I have several such machines and they all behave this way. I also have new ones from the same model - they do not have this problem. I think there may be a manufacturing failure in the old batch I have......  

0 Kudos
Rado79
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will be happy if there is a solution

0 Kudos
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,432 5,416 632 896
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you running latest firmware? If not update the firmware.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Rado79
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Тhe firmware has been replaced at least as far as I know a month ago it was changed to 4.11.0.2..  Two days ago it was replaced by 5.1. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation