Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have purchased a cartridge for my Deskjet 2130. It is a 304XL cartridge. On the box of the product, it says that it can be used with my printer. Please fix this. This is false advertising. Why does it say on the box that i can use it but your software says that i cannot? I have inserted a picture of the box that lists compatible printers yet your software says it is not.

unnamed.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Kalender, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to use the ink cartridge in the printer. This model printer uses HP 302 ink cartridges in the European region.

Let me escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.

Official response is -

"I understand you are not able to use the ink cartridge in the printer. This model printer uses HP 302 ink cartridges in the European region".

If the 304 is not compatible for the 2130 print and scanner in the EU why is it being sold in the UK's high street superstores????

HP Recommended

So why is the 304 being sold in the UK's high street superstores if it is not compatible with EU / UK 2130 printers ?

HP Recommended

@Phil_63

There are other model printers that use this ink cartridge.

Keep me posted for any other assistance. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My issue is resolved now. But this cartridge i boiught in Slovenia, Europe and that being sold here is not acceptable. Another person said it's sold in UK also.

HP Recommended

This still does not resolve the issue of WHY they are labelled as compatible for the HP 2130 Deskjet printer OR what is happening about the cost of purchasing these useless cartridges.

The retailers can refuse to refund on the basis that the packaging has been opened and the cartridge inserted for use into the printer rendering them used.

So WHO is going to refund me?

HP Recommended

The store does not want to refund me either. I dont know why there are even different cartridges for the same printer. They could just update my software to let mu use this ink but HP is such a weird moneygrab company

HP Recommended

@Phil_63

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the refund/replacement options.

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.