Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e All-in-One Printer

My printer refuses to print in color. It only does black and white. I bought new HP official inks. It doesn’t matter if i reset or restore to factory settings. It doesn’t matter if I choose to print in color. Nothing works and I haven’t found any setting that is making it default to black and white, I need to find this setting wherever is it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Crusher1600,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

There are a few reasons why your HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e might be stuck in black and white mode even after replacing the ink cartridges. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check Ink Levels: Ensure that the color ink cartridges are installed correctly and have sufficient ink levels. Sometimes, low ink levels can prevent the printer from printing in color.
  • Printer Settings: Confirm that the printer settings are configured correctly to allow color printing. Sometimes, there might be an option in the printer settings or driver settings to enable or disable color printing.
  • Driver Update: Make sure your printer drivers are up-to-date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause issues with printing.
  • Print Quality Settings: Check the print quality settings in the printer software. Sometimes, there might be an option to print in grayscale or black and white only. Ensure that this option is not selected.
  • Printer Firmware Update: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve software-related issues. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Test Print: Try printing a test page from the printer itself. Most printers have a function to print a test page directly from the control panel. This can help determine if the issue is with the printer hardware or the computer.
  • Different Application: Try printing from a different application or device to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to a particular application or device.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e All-in-One Printer User manual 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.