Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HPENVYPhoto7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Printer touch screen has error message. Cartridge cannot be used until printer is registered with Insta Ink. This message locks up the printer and I cannot do anything because of this. I have tried to contact HP and they have given me the run around, passing me back and forth for as much as an hour and a half, then hang up. Does anyone know how to get in contact with someone who will listen to my frustrations and get me to someone able to help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KenSr, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to print due to this error. Is the printer enrolled in Instant Ink?

Are you using Instant Ink cartridges in the printer?

Kindly follow the steps mentioned in this document - 'Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink' Message

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.