Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 3830 All-In-One Prin

I changed my printer to print in monochrome and now I cannot change it back to printing in color. Each time I click to print in color and then click "OK," it still prints in monochrome.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Sandra_Escourse,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print in color from your HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the print in black only option is checked in the drivers or the color cartridge may be empty or defective.

Let's go through a few steps to fix this issue.

1. In your software application, click Print.

2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.

3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.

Note: Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.

4. On the Properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.

5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.

6. Click OK to complete the change.

If the issue persists, then you may follow the link: Does Not Print Black or Color Ink

Also, let us know the operating system installed on the computer by checking the links below: 

1. Click Here If Windows Operating System is installed

2. Click Here If Mac Operating System is installed

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

​​​​​​​

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

My HP3830 keeps going back to monochrome, with a message switched back due to a settings conflict? 

HP Recommended

OH MY gosh I had the same problem!!!

I know this original post is from a long time ago: but the problem still persists and I haven't found the answer anywhere...until now!!

After 6 hours for doing everything else, I finally downloaded the "ePrint" software - it lets me link to my HP account and print in COLOR through it!!!  It's a miracle!!!  worst day ever until now.

Worked immediately - could have saved 6 hours if I just tried this first!!

HP Recommended

OH MY gosh I had the same problem!!!

I know this original post is from a long time ago: but the problem still persists and I haven't found the answer anywhere...until now!!

After 6 hours for doing everything else, I finally downloaded the "ePrint" software from the HP download site - it lets me link to my HP account and print in COLOR through it!!!  It's a miracle!!!  worst day ever until now.

Worked immediately - could have saved 6 hours if I just tried this first!!

HP Recommended

Printer will not let me print in color Just Mono

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.