Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6975 All-in-One Printer

After replacing the black ink cartridge (902 XL) in my Officejet Pro 6975, the new black cartridge would not print. I have tried the troubleshooting/ cleaning/ resetting/ check vent steps in the posted document for this issue to no avail. Printer sees cartridge as genuine with no error messages. Just no black.

When I put the old cartridge back in, black print was fine.

Defective cartridge? If so, how do I get a replacement?

Thanks,

Don

--- update---

Bought new cartridge from a local vendor and installed. Works fine and it went through alignment routine like a champ.

The cartridge that wouldn't print was purchased from Amazon. Since I didn't need to use it right away, the 30 day return window had closed by the time I installed it. The Amazon links for manufacturer support took me through a maze to nowhere and the phone number has been disconnected.

Oh well..... What's a guy to do?? :}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ka4hhm,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

You have certainly done a great job performing those steps. 

If you want to replace or return the faulty cartridges, you will need additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ka4hhm,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

You have certainly done a great job performing those steps. 

If you want to replace or return the faulty cartridges, you will need additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks to the Community for pointing me in the right direction!

Also, I was -- finally-- able to get a live person at Amazon and they arranged for me to return the defective cartridge and receive a refund.

Life is good again.

Don

HP Recommended

Hi @ka4hhm,

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.