Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Chiropractor office with 5 computers all running Windows 10 vs 2004 and had the CU from last Tuesday (Oct. 13, 2020) installed. Monday, all 5 could no longer print to their HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw printer. I deleted each computers Printer, add a new printer, search found a couple of versions of the printer but not the right version until I selected printer not found and searched for an older printer, where it found the proper version of the printer and I then had to tell it not to use the current driver, but to use the old driver. This worked on all 5 computers, but I am concerned that Microsoft will hit them again, so I need to look into how to prevent this from happening again. Unfortunately, I was working on this during business hours and had to get them running quickly. I did not take time to look up what drivers had been installed or try to uninstall the new drivers. I can check it out further on the weekend if they don't get messed up again before then.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Your best option is to manually install the printer using a standard TCP/IP port and use the HP Universal Print Driver V7.0 and disable Microsoft Print Management. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.