Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No setup cartridges came with my Envy Photo 7858. I see from other discussions that there is a way around this. Could you pleeeeeaaaase send the instructions for bypassing the setup cartridges? I would love to (finally) begin using my printer!

Here's my sad story: 

~I purchased the printer brand-new and was excited to start using it, but I got busy and let it sit in the box for a while, unopened. Months later, while working on a special project for a big event, I decided to set up the printer. 

***Frustrating Event #1: I got it set up and discovered that the ink cartridges were missing. (Trust me, I looked!) 

I didn't have time to deal with it at the moment, so I sent my project to a friend to print for me.

~The printer sat for a few more months. By this time the free ink offer was expired, so I just bought some cartridges (not knowing I initially needed "special" ones). 

***Frustrating Event #2: I went to install the cartridges but couldn't figure out how from the instruction sheet.

(Granted, this one's on me! The instructions are all in pictures, but usually need pics AND words.) 

I gave up.

~The printer sat for a couple more months. On my next attempt to install the ink cartridges, I "got it," and in they went. Hooray! ... or not.

***Frustrating Event #3: "Use the Setup Cartridges that came with your printer," said the screen.

Only, as previously mentioned, the Setup Cartridges had NOT come with the printer.

~I did not let the printer sit again. Instead I went online, registered my printer, and found a troubleshooting guide. The solution to my problem, it said, was to contact HP Support. I clicked the helpful link, and ...

***Frustrating Event #4:  Support is not available, as my printer is now out of warranty. 

I tried the virtual assistant. Not helpful.

I clicked out-of-warranty phone support. It costs money. (Really???) 

Last option: HP Support Community. So here I am. 

You're my last hope! Please create a happy ending to my story! 🙂 

Thank you!!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bewinkeled 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.