Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy6032 all in one
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Envy 6032 printer is only printing a small strip of a colour image on either plain paper or photo paper, have uninstalled Easy print and printer then reinstalled both but still same result. Updated Big Sir to11.4 spent most of a day on phone to hp agent still not sorted only 5 months old, after uninstalling printer and HP smart then reinstalling both reset to factory settings and WiFi still no success.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Micwood, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the printer is not printing in color.

Try making a standalone copy in color from the flatbed glass and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Check the ink levels and replace any low/empty ink cartridges. 

Perform the steps mentioned in this document - No black ink, wrong colors, other print quality issues

Clean the ink cartridges up to 2 times and print a quality report to check the result. 

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your Mac.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Check the print settings on the app you are using to print. Ensure color printing is enabled.

Alternatively, use the Airprint driver to print to check the result. Refer to - Print Settings Guide (Mac)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have done all the above  and it is still the same only printing a small strip before chucking the page out.

Thank you but not solved

HP Recommended

The firmware does not contain upgrade for your devise.

more time wasting

HP Recommended

@Micwood

In this case, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar

Sorry but I was out earlier

Have tested by scan a copy and print in colour worked ok

Michael

HP Recommended

Kumar

I am returning printer to curry's store where I bought it and will be asking for my money back as it is not fit for purpose.

Thank you for your help. 

HP Recommended

@Micwood

I'm sorry to hear that. You may contact the HP Support team if you would like to troubleshoot further and get a replacement if applicable.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.