Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-28-2021 03:39 AM
Hi, I have an OfficeJet 3830. I recently bought new Black ink cartridges from Argos, but when I install it, "The Indicated Cartridges are not intended for use in this printer". Can anyone assist me with this issue please?
03-03-2021 07:40 AM - edited 03-03-2021 07:40 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community
I would like to help
As per the Product Specs the printer uses the following cartridges
Please try these steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and clean the electrical contacts with a lint free cloth
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Also ensure the printer has the latest Firmware https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
03-03-2021 12:08 PM
Thanks for your support. I have tried all these steps you have suggested, and tried them again. I have updated the printer with the latest FW version from the webiste (Did it directly from the printer via WiFi connection).
I am still getting the error 'The indicated cartridges are not intended for use in this printer'.
Does it make a difference that this printer was bought in South Africa and brought over here with the rest of our goods when we moved to UK recently?