Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3070A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My old Deskjet 3070A is requesting SET UP cartridges after changing HP 364 Black cartridge. I noticed old cartridge had left a small amount of ink residue which I removed with Kitchen Roll.  I followed instructions on HP print doctor to Hard reset the printer by disconnecting power, waiting 60 secs  (3 mins in my case) and reconnecting . This didn't clear the fault. I have found other posts of a similar nature on this forum, but the solution has been delivered by a private message which I cannot see! Any help much appreciated..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JJDogg, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The ink cartridges that go with the printers are setup ink cartridges that are designed to initialize the printer.

To bypass the message on the printer the only option left is to perform an OOBE reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JJDogg, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The ink cartridges that go with the printers are setup ink cartridges that are designed to initialize the printer.

To bypass the message on the printer the only option left is to perform an OOBE reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Help please.  I'm having the same trouble as I was gifted this printer that was working.

Hp Deskjet 3070a wanting setup cartridges.

HP Recommended

The initial response to my problem. was incomplete.

Press Back, Cancel, Back, Back from the home screen of the printer.

Go to System configuration menu > Trade at OOBE.

Restart the printer and check.

This was my response to the poster

Thanks for your response. Your instructions guide me to the Trade at 00BE menu but omit what option to select within this menu or how to save and exit from any selection I make. By trial and error I believe I press OK until the screen reads Trade and then press Cancel 4 times. can you confirm this is the correct action?

Note my suggestion above was correct.

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.