Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
laserjet 1320
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Around ten years ago I got a, then,  fairly new Laserjet 1320tn. It has been working well with duplex, despite it being a bit big for home use and a small issue with driver for Windows 10.

But lately the printouts have become really pale. Prints look OK, but black is now light grey - grey. I've tried to replace the toner and reset the printer. But at the moment it's still more grey than black despit setting Density = 5, Economode = Off and Resolution = ProRes 1200.

Is there something I can do or is it more economical to look for a new laserjet?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Press and hold the green button for a few seconds on the printer panel to print a demo page scan it and post it here so it's visible. Depending on the environment a laser optics can be dirty that resulting in very light print quality.

If you have replaced toner and reset printer laser is the next possible source of the problem. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

DSC_1690.JPG

Thanks. Don't have a scanner at hand, but tried to take a photo of it.

HP Recommended

It could be a dirty laser ( optics and mirror). 

Under top cover after 2:45 in video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK1NeaoKrwE  if you want to open laser and clean it with cotton swab.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.