I have an HP3830 that I just replaced the cartridges in - using HP genuine cartridges. I cannot get the printer to align. The printer was previously function with no issues, just needed more ink. It claims it successfully aligned when using the automatic alignment process, but the print quality printout has the color components at least 0.0625” out of alignment with the black. Other printouts confirm this.
I have tried:
- aligning cartridges multiple times (including powering unit down by unplugging it)
- cleaning the cartridges (both levels of HP cleaning)
- removing smear feature
- manually removing and reinstalling the cartridges
- manually cleaning the cartridges (not the print heads)
I was wondering if there were any other ideas I should be trying. Seems like a waste of money to buy HP cartridges ...
I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue
At this point I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".