1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer quality can't be changed

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP 28w
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello dear community members,

I am having a small yet disturbing issue with my printer - LaserJet Pro MFP 28w. 

It is connected via my home wireless network to my MacBook Air mid 2019 running the latest version of macOS (Big Sur 11.0.1). Everything is running smoothly and there are no issues except this one:

I don't have any opportunity to change the print quality, no matter what software - Microsoft Word or Pages - I am using. 

The printing dialog opens and various changes may be done except for changing (increasing) the printing quality. 

I have searched for this issue but haven't yet found a solution. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Malina7. 

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
30,439 30,157 5,206 12,065
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Monochrome Laserjet printers doesn't have a Best print quality.

The bar provided by AirPrint is generic and doesn't change from 1 printer to another, however, it won't allow selecting Best Mode as any such option does not exist for a monochrome laser printer, it can only be reduced to Draft (which indicates Econo-mode), such h a printer have no other print quality options available.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation