Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Laserjet pro 200 M251nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Laserjet Pro 200 Series m251nw printer I have been having an issue with it for a few weeks now, I have been trying to fix it thinking it was a driver issue, but to no avail I cant seem to fix it.

What's happening is when it prints it is slightly double printing and shifting the printing output and as a result it looks blurry and unreadable.  I have uninstalled, rebooted my PC and reinstalled the software and drivers several times, but nothing seems to fix it and I am at my wits end.

Attached below is a picture of what it is doing.  Any help would be appreciated.

>

2021-04-11 17.17.47-1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Image didn't upload properly on my OG Post

2021-04-11 17.17.47-1.jpg

HP Recommended

@vterry70

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting blurry prints, follow these steps to fix the issue.

Check the EconoMode setting

1. From the software program, select the Print option.

2. Select the product, and then click the Properties or Preferences button.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

4. Verify that the EconoMode check box is cleared. If there is a checkmark in the check box, click the check box to clear it.

Change the color theme for a print job

1. On the File menu in the software program, click Print.

2. Click Properties or Preferences.

3. Click the Color tab.

4. Select a color theme from the Color Themes drop-down list.

Figure : Color tab

• Default (sRGB): This theme sets the product to print RGB data in raw device mode. When using this theme, manage color in the software program or in the operating system for correct rendering.

• Vivid: The product increases the color saturation in the midtones. Use this theme when printing business graphics.

• Photo: The product interprets RGB color as if it were printed as a photograph using a digital mini lab. The product renders deeper, more saturated colors differently than with the Default (sRBG) theme. Use this theme when printing photos.

• Photo (Adobe RGB 1998): Use this theme with printing digital photos that use the AdobeRGB color space rather than sRGB. Turn off color management in the software program when using this theme.

• None

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Sandytechy20

That didn't work, it actually made the printing output worse, I have had this printer since 2015 I am wondering if it is nearing its EOL Stage.

HP Recommended

The usage page printed fine, i logged into the web console for the printer to print a usage page.  but when i send a print job from my computer to the printer the print output comes out as referenced in my initial post for this thread

2021-04-15 18.59.14-1.jpg

HP Recommended

@vterry70

This seems to be a driver issue.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.