Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy Inspre 7200
Microsoft Windows 11

Not sure if I am posting in the right place. Will the ink and printer I have from the All-In Plan do a good job printing on vinyl sheets to make stickers?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@spicymango33 

Welcome to the HP English Community --

Were it mine to do, I'd wait until I could speak to Support at HP All-In Plan

I would guess the support team will be available tomorrow (today is a US holiday).

What I found:

Looking at the Inspire printer available at this check:

https://www.hp.com/us-en/all-in-plan/printers/envy-inspire.html

Specifications Document:

Product Specifications for the HP Envy Inspire 7258e All-in-One Printer (349U4A) 

Media types
Plain Paper; HP Photo Papers; HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper; HP Matte Presentation Paper; HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper; Other Photo Inkjet Papers; Other Matte Inkjet Papers; Other Glossy Inkjet Papers, Plain Paper, Light/Recycled

and

Media Size (facet)Letter; A4; Legal; 4 x 6 in
Media Sizes Custom (imperial)Main Tray: 3.85 x 8.5 to 5 x 12.2 in; Photo Tray: No custom media sizes
Media Sizes Custom (metric)Main Tray: 97.79 x 215 to 127 x 309 mm; Photo Tray: No custom media sizes
Media TypesPlain Paper; HP Photo Papers; HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper; HP Matte Presentation Paper; HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper; Other Photo Inkjet Papers; Other Matte Inkjet Papers; Other Glossy Inkjet Papers, Plain Paper, Light/Recycled
Media Weight Recommended (imperial)18 to 22 lb
Media Weight Recommended (metric)70 to 90 g/m²
Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (Imperial)16 to 80 lb
Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (metric)Tray 1: A4: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP Photo Paper: up to 300 g/m²; Photo Tray: photo paper: up to 300 g/m²

Does the information mean that the printer will print on vinyl sheets?

I think not .

Vinyl sheets heavier than normal paper?

Keep in mind that you cannot select Photo paper to fool the printer into accepting heavier paper that is not photo paper.

Vinyl sheets have a slick backside?

Paper might jam, slip, skew.  ?

What?

Printers can detect photo paper and print rollers are fussy about paper types.

If you disagree with my assessment, then what I think is no important.

Try it or Wait and talk to Support.

Good Luck.

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

OR

HP ENVY Inspire 7200e series  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.