Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I thought I had posted this on 06 Oct, but seems to have  disappeared!!

I had an output paper jam and had to call a repairman.   He had to take it back to his shop and remove the printer from the case to clear the jam.  Was printing perfectly before this and since it came back it has been randomly printing dark and light characters....too much toner on some characters, like "dripping" from the character and from the heavy black bar on the Supplies Report.  It prints the Test  Page just fine and also will print JPG text items(like a JPG copy of a magazine article or form) just fine....the repairman explained that these are handled differently by the print than text forwarded from my computer.  The print is light and dark in bands across a page, like an almost depleted toner cartridge, but I have tried 3 different cartridges(2 brand new) and 2 different HP drums(one 60% used and one brand new)with same result.  Same result with any combination of old or new toner or drum.  It appears to print OK on the top and bottom inch or so of a page.  Am using proper copy paper.  The repairman says my fuser is OK....it is just randomly getting too much toner in different areas.  I have checked and adjusted the print density.  Have run the cleaning program 3 times.  I have even reloaded/updated the drivers.

As I said it was 100% OK up until the paper jam but is now unaccceptable quality.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Can you post a sample of what you are seeing. Scan it or take a picture with your phone and post it here.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks....I have scanned a couple of sample printouts and will see if I can  figure out how to show them here.

One printout is from the Supplies Report....note excess amount of toner "dripping" below the black bars on the report, which are normally crisp bars.  The other is a sample copy of an e-mail, where the light and dark areas and the excess toner on random characters is more evident.  Also note that the top inch and bottom inch of the page seem to be free of this problem, and print out clean.

What do I do now to make the photos stay with this message??  I scanned them and transferred them over to this message, but they disappear when I come back here.  Also, only a portion of the scans are displayed, but enough probably to show the type of problem.

HP Recommended

there are two things:

There is a delay in pictures being posted by new users (anti spam measures) and there have also been some issues with the board over the past week

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks......I am not really a "new user", but it has been 2 or 3 years since I last had a problem that needed to be posted.  The system recognized my name but still called me a "new user".

I presume that clicking on the Upload box, after I have inserted the photos is supposed to attach them to the message but it does not do that.   

Thought this was posted 6 hours ago(!!) but apparently was not....will try the JPG images with it again now.

No luck...perhaps scan as something other than JPG??

HP Recommended

I have tried every which way and still cannot get the JPG images of the sample printed sheets to Upload to attach to this message.  What am I doing wrong or what is the system not allowing me to do??

I am gettin desperate....have not been able to print anything for several weeks as it looks so bad

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.