Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5030 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All I want to do is recycle the Instant Ink cartridges as I no longer subscribe. I was directed to the Instant Ink page where I have a section called overview and there is supposed to be a link there to ask for an envelope to be sent. But there isn't. I have tried the Virtual Assistant which sends me there, and gone through all the help section. Does anyone know how I can contact HP to ask other than using What's App? I don't want that on my phone. And the last time I requested help that way I got no response. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Moreta 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Essentially, if you are located where HP can send you a recycle envelope, that will work.

You can also recycle the cartridges at any local site in your region that takes this type of material.

Your location is different from my own -- Perhaps one of the following will help.

Sustainability – Business Systems / Devices - Recycle

HP collects used products for resale and recycling in 73 countries and territories worldwide

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. The reason I was going to the trouble of requesting an envelope is that when you end a subscription to Instant Ink you are told to return the cartridges as they are the property of HP.  So it's no good taking them to the usual recycling places, HP wants them returned, so an envelope is supposed to be provided but I don't have one and can't seem to get hold of one!

HP Recommended

@Moreta 

You are welcome.

Yes, your logic is sound.

From your description I am guessing that you cannot get an envelope through the  HP Recycling link / option.

Keep the recycling option in mind, at least.

HP will not chase you down for the cartridges.

After the contract is terminated, the cartridges lock -- they cannot be accidently used in any printer.

I will forward your concern to our Moderator team.

Should there be a response, look for a message here before the agent uses other means to contact you.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.