Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI guys,

I have bought a HP Laser M404 dn quite a while back from the US and then I moved to Peru but I cant find the same cartridge's here .

I found out that I have to go through a regionalize process to accept the new cartridges but unfortunately my printer is out of warranty and I was browsing for almost 1hr and couldn't find any way to get in touch with a support agent to help me with this issue.

Thank you and I hope someone can help me with this issue.

John C.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @CD30,

first of all be aware that Laser printers are not dual voltage, a US printer uses 110 to 120V while in peru the power used is 220V,

Be aware that any power converter will unlikely do its job and the printer may easily burn due to connecting to 220V, so to better understand this, have you already plugged and power on the printer or not yet?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello ShlomiL,

Yes that is correct , but this printer is using dual voltage and it does support 220-240V AC. 

I agree with you, if it was 110V , I would need a transformer .

The printer is already connected and turned on.

HP Recommended

Well, that's strange as Laser printers are never dual voltage, many internal parts as the fuser would be much different for both, also its specifications clearly states the same but good to see the printer is powered and on, but be aware that you may experience issues while using a different input voltage, in case you get into any problems.

Attaching its specifications below:

ShlomiL_0-1634236126938.png

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-laserjet-pro-m404dn

I did ask to allow private messaging access, as soon as it will be allowed I will send you a private message, click here to access private messaging, be aware that it will not be accessible till allowed.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

I followed your procedure and instead I get an error. I have found an option on the printer to change the region but I have only 3 attempts . I dont want to try something and then regret, maybe I will brick the printer .

Can you please help me with this .

Thank you .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.