Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cartridges have been replaced  and printer not working. I keep getting an error message that I need to enrol in Instant Ink, which I did in 2020 when I purchased the  printer.  I called Support and they sent me new cartridges and the printer worked for a while in September 2020

I tried to scan this morning and again, message saying I need to enrol in instant ink. I spoke to support again this morning and after going through 2 hours of "fixes" they are going to send me new cartridges again. 

As I do not print much, not even 2 pages a month is there a "use by date" built into the software?  I mention that the new ink cartridges are not working after 4 months this time.  I have tried head cleaning, alignment etc, but this is not the issue. Removing the printer, doing a hard reset and anything else the support lady suggested.  I have spent over 4 hours taking to support to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lesley53, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are facing intermittent issues with the Instant Ink cartridges.

There is no date as such within which you will have to use the ink cartridges. Yes, you may check the end of warranty date on the ink cartridge. However, Instant Ink will not send you expired ink cartridges. 

Restart the router and the printer.

Also, restart web services

Click here to know how to turn off web services. Refer to this document to know how to turn it on.

Make sure the printer is connected to the internet. If the printer is not connected to the internet for more than 3 days, the printer may get disconnected from the Instant Ink server.

After 7 days of no connectivity, the account will freeze.

If the issue persists even with a good connection, kindly contact the Instant Ink department in your region for assistance. The contact information can be found on the home page of Instant Ink. Click here or go to HP Instant Ink support

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.