Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet M255dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased a brand new HP Color LaserJet M255dw and the first test page out as well as anything else I print is displaying vertical line smudged down the page and through the text. I went into the options and chose the "Cleaning Page" option in the "Service" section but it had no affect on resolving the problem.
Test pages show both black and blue colors and the lines appear through all of the colors on the page.

HP_M255dw_Test_Page_Sample.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It appears that I have resolved the problem by opening up the printer and taking out each of the toner cartridges and giving them a shake side to side for a bit. No more problems with the vertical lines.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It appears that I have resolved the problem by opening up the printer and taking out each of the toner cartridges and giving them a shake side to side for a bit. No more problems with the vertical lines.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.