cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Vertical lines with New HP Color LaserJet M255Dw

HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet M255dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased a brand new HP Color LaserJet M255dw and the first test page out as well as anything else I print is displaying vertical line smudged down the page and through the text. I went into the options and chose the "Cleaning Page" option in the "Service" section but it had no affect on resolving the problem.
Test pages show both black and blue colors and the lines appear through all of the colors on the page.

HP_M255dw_Test_Page_Sample.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It appears that I have resolved the problem by opening up the printer and taking out each of the toner cartridges and giving them a shake side to side for a bit. No more problems with the vertical lines.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation