Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have  an OfficeJet Pro 6970 purchased two years back i India. Product no is J7K34A. According to the label inside the printer, it shall use cartridges type 905 (all) or 909 (black only). However, going into HP's product pages and/or other vendor's, it says cartridge type 903. When loading the printer with a type 903 cartridge it refuses to print - messaging "incompatible cartridge". 

Warum es einfach machen wenn man es so wunderbar komplizieren kann.........

(Why make it simple when it can be done so wonderful complicated)

Appreciate help out of this djungle and inconsistency.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Simon144,

I'd like to help!

I understand you moved and the printer is not is accepting the new region cartridges.

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

You would need to contact HP Support to reset the printer after moving to another country, as described by below support document, your printer originally uses HP 905 cartridges in India, in Europe it uses different catridges

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798

I did flag your post to the moderators, so a support agent may assist in here, so you would likely expect a private message to your inbox shortly.

Be aware that in order to complete any printer setting change you would need to have a full set of genuine HP 903 ink cartridges in hand and a computer (Windows a Mac) with the printer connected to it to complete re-configuring your printer to use ink from another country.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Wonderful input! Have earlier been in contact with HP dealers both in Dubai and in Sweden with no progress. 

At least a reasonable explanation and a hopeful remedy ahead - thanks!

HP Recommended

@Cayenne938, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

That's right, we need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue.  

  

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! I have temporarily postponed the fix as I found a new set of 905 cartridges in a drawer. Your resolution will be useful later!

BR / Lennart

HP Recommended

I have recently moved from UK to Canada and brought with me an Officejet Pro 6970. I note that there is a regional change required to enable working with "local" cartridges. In UK - I was using the HP903 cartridge, but this is not available in Canada. The compatible cartridge is listed as HP902. However, I have just put HP902 in the printer and it says "Incompatible" and will not print ?

Any help on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Simon.

HP Recommended

Hi @Simon144,

I'd like to help!

I understand you moved and the printer is not is accepting the new region cartridges.

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly - thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.