Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've just replaced both cartridges in my Photosmart C4780 printer and performed the alignment process. However on printing a document i noticed that the printing seemed blurred, with each character having a "shadow" offset 1mm lower. When i print a test page, using Print and Scan Doctor, the square box and cross have a Cyan copy similarly displaced. i've performed all of the cleaning options suggested in the online help sites to no avail. does anyone have any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@bayardmm, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that need to know that printing properly.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix:-

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I've printed out a Print Quality Diagnostic and tried to correct the fault using the suggested methods to no avail. I'm reluctant to replace the cartridges, as they are new and fairly expensive. I've enclosed an image of my printout.

scan0001.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi@bayardmm,

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix

Clean the ink cartridges and align them, refer to page 62 in the user guide -Link 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.