Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8015e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Being asked to load paper in HP OfficeJet 8015e even though paper in tray

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @SeanO1,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are receiving load paper error

Try the below suggestions -

Check the paper, and then reload it

Check the paper stack for defects such as wrinkled, torn, or bent pieces that might cause a pick-up issue.

1. Remove any paper from the paper tray.

2. Remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn paper found in the stack.

3. Check for obstructions inside the paper tray. Make sure nothing blocks the paper from engaging with the rollers.

4. Make sure the paper stack is even on all sides.

5. Load the stack of paper into the paper tray.

Examples of loading paper

6. Close or push in the paper tray.

7. Select the correct paper size on the printer control panel or in the printer software.

Clean the paper pick rollers

Clean dirt or debris from the paper pick rollers to resolve paper feed issues.

Clean the paper pick rollers (top paper tray)

Clean the rollers inside the top paper tray.

1. Get a flashlight.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Wait until the printer is idle and silent, and then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Remove the paper stack from the input tray.

5. With the flashlight, look down into the input tray and find the paper pick rollers.

An example of paper pick rollers on top loading printer

6. Lightly dampen a cotton swab with water, and then squeeze it to remove any excess water.

7. Clean the rollers with the swab, rotating the rollers with your fingers to completely clean them.

8. Allow the rollers to dry for two minutes.

9. Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the printer.

Clean the paper pick rollers (under printer)

Clean the paper pick rollers on a printer where the paper tray is located on the bottom.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent, and then disconnect the power cord and any cables from the rear of the printer.

3. Remove the paper stack from the input tray.

4. Lift the printer and place it on its side or back.

5. Pull out the paper tray, and then locate the gray paper pick rollers.

Paper pick rollers underneath printer

6. Lightly dampen a cotton swab with water, and then squeeze it to remove any excess water.

7. Clean the rollers with the swab, rotating the rollers with your fingers to completely clean them.

9. Set the printer upright.

10. Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the printer.

Clean the paper pick rollers (inside printer)

Clean the paper pick rollers under the cartridges or inside the paper tray area.

1. Get a flashlight.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Wait until the printer is idle and silent, and then disconnect the power cord and any cables from the rear of the printer.

4. Remove the paper stack from the input tray.

5. Depending on your printer model, use the flashlight to find the paper pick roller.

PRINTERS WITH THE ROLLER UNDER THE CARTRIDGES

Printers with the roller located under the cartridges

PRINTERS WITH THE ROLLER ABOVE THE INPUT TRAY

Rollers in the paper tray area

9. Reconnect the power cord and cables, and then turn on the printer.

Reset the printer

Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.

1. If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

3. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

4. Wait 60 seconds.

5. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

6. Turn on the printer to complete the reset.

You may  refer to -- An 'Out of Paper' error displays, printer does not pick paper

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

One other possible cause is that the paper you have loaded in the printer is different than the paper that your print job wants to print on. For instance, you have plain letter paper loaded in the printer and that is how you have the tray settings on the printer set, but your print job wants to print on a paper type or size that is different from what is loaded, such as legal size or bond type.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.