Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet Pro M477FDN

HI ,

I have a paper jam (Printer: HP Color Laserjet Pro M477FDN) in the printer and the printer shows the following error message:

"Paper Jam in printing path" - "Open the rear flap"

I have opened the rear flap and removed the paper (as much as was possible). However,  I can still see some jammed paper rest through a slit at the back (with the rear flap open) but it is not possible to access that part to remove the paper.

Resetting, stopping/starting the printer (even by disconnecting the power cord, waiting, and waiting) attempting to copy a blank paper, etc. .- doesn't make that rest piece of jammed paper budge even a bit.

Can someone provide a hint as to how to access the jammed paper location, please?

Is there any repair manual for HP Color Laserjet Pro M477FDN  which would show disassembling the printer enough to get to the jammed area, please? I know that there are such manuals available for HP laptops but unfortunately, I could not find one for my printer yet.

Your help/advice would be most welcome.

Thanks and best regards

USER071

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI Shlomi, HI everyone,

While searching for my a solution for my problem, by chance I found a very extensive video on Youtube with the title:

"HP Laserjet M477 Fuser unit repair, Paper jam in the fuser unit area"

(54) HP LASERJET M477 FUSER UNIT REPAIR, PAPPER JAM ON FUSER AREA - YouTube

Although this video deals much more than what I was looking for but it covers the topic as to how to access the paper jam area. I'll probably have to watch and study the steps shown in the video very carefully a few times but basically, that's the solution to my problem 😀

So, I would consider this video as a solution and would like to close this thread.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to mark raise the "Solved flag". Perhaps the community admin may would help to mark that, please. Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

USER071

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Carefully follow below steps which lists any possible access door to remove a jam from the back or the fuser area, ensure any paper is removed as possible:

Clear paper jams in the rear door and fuser area

Clear paper jams in the duplexer (duplex models only)

If the error persists also check from the Trays if it may better reachable there, else it likely requires servicing the printer:

Clear paper jams in Tray 1

Clear paper jams in Tray 2

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

Many thanks for your fast reply.

I tried out all the suggestions proposed by you in your reply but, unfortunately, it didn't help.

To get access to the jammed piece of paper, I need to disassemble some parts at the back. And to get there I need to disassemble the side covers of the printer.  Unfortunately, I can't find any screws or fish joints, or flaps to do that.

That's why I would require documents (like the repair/maintenance manual) for the printer OF course a youTube video link on the same issue for the "HP Color Laserjet M477mfd" printer would be helpful too.

Would be grateful for any tip from anyone.

Thanks and best regards

USER071

HP Recommended

HI Shlomi, HI everyone,

While searching for my a solution for my problem, by chance I found a very extensive video on Youtube with the title:

"HP Laserjet M477 Fuser unit repair, Paper jam in the fuser unit area"

(54) HP LASERJET M477 FUSER UNIT REPAIR, PAPPER JAM ON FUSER AREA - YouTube

Although this video deals much more than what I was looking for but it covers the topic as to how to access the paper jam area. I'll probably have to watch and study the steps shown in the video very carefully a few times but basically, that's the solution to my problem 😀

So, I would consider this video as a solution and would like to close this thread.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to mark raise the "Solved flag". Perhaps the community admin may would help to mark that, please. Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

USER071

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.