Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HO Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to print from Google Photos but not to the photo tray where it defaults to, but to tray 2 or the regular full page document tray. How can I change the seatings in the printer so that photos print to the full page tray and not the photo tray? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MarioMcCash, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you trying to print a photo on regular paper?

Is the photo tray empty?

Check the print settings on the app you are using to print.

Select the tray and paper size on the Google Photo app.

Use the HP Smart app to print photos from your Win 10 PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Doing this entirely from my iPhone 12 pro max. No pc involved here., so no windows relevant. Just the smart phone and the printer. That’s it. I want to print photos from the Google photos app on my smart phone direct to the printer using the regular full sized paper tray. It is defaulting to the photo tray. How can I stop it from doing that? I need it to print to the regular paper tray. iPhone 12 Pro Max to the HP Envy 7640. No pc, no windows involved. 

HP Recommended

@MarioMcCash

The setting is app-specific. If you want to use the Google Photo app, you will have to contact Google support for assistance. 

You may use the AirPrint option to print and check if that helps.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on, cartridges are installed, and the paper you want to print on is loaded in the correct paper tray.

2. Open the item you want to print, and then tap the Share icon ( or ).

3. Tap Print or the Print icon .

4. Select your printer, and then change print settings such as paper size, number of copies, or page range. Available settings depend on the app you are printing from, the print job type, and your printer.

5. Tap Print.

Alternatively, install the HP Smart app from the App Store and try printing the photo. Here, you will have an option to change the tray as required.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
No, that was no help at all and the Google app has nothing at all to do with this, it is strictly related to the HP printer and nothing else. 

It is the printer that is failing, not the Google photos. 

I simple want to print to the regular document paper tray, that’s it. Full sized paper, not a photo paper in the photo tray. 

But the HP printer defaults to to the photo tray for photo paper only. And I see no way of preventing this. There is no setting anywhere to change this that I can tell. Where can you tell this printer to print to the regular document tray when printing from the photo app? (Whether it be Google, Microsoft, Verizon, or anyone else, the printer refuses to allow photos to print to to the trey 2 or the full size paper grey, it is forces me to buy expensive photo paper and load photo paper into the photo trey in order to print to any program labeled “photos”. This is terrible!!!
HP Recommended

@MarioMcCash

Did you use the HP Smart app to print and check if that helps?

Or, did you print using the AirPrint option?

The settings have to be changed on the app you are using to print and not on the printer. To conclude this issue, you may use other methods to print as mentioned in my previous post, and check the result.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.