Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I keep getting a paper jam. I've followed instructions online, clear it, bought new paper and it keeps happening. Printer is over 2 years old. Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @rawhide67,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you've repeatedly cleared paper jams, tried different paper, and the issue persists, there might be a more serious underlying problem with your HP DeskJet 2700e printer. Here are some additional steps you can take:

Inspect the Paper Path: Carefully inspect the entire paper path for any small shreds of paper, debris, or foreign objects that might be causing the jams. Use a flashlight if necessary to get a better view.

Clean the Printer Rollers: Over time, the printer rollers can accumulate dust and debris, leading to paper feeding issues. Clean the rollers using a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water or isopropyl alcohol. Refer to your printer's manual for specific instructions on accessing and cleaning the rollers.

Check for Worn or Damaged Parts: After extended use, certain printer parts, such as rollers or paper guides, can become worn or damaged, which can contribute to paper jams. Inspect these parts for any signs of wear or damage, and consider replacing them if necessary.

Update Firmware: Sometimes, firmware updates released by HP can address known issues and improve the overall performance of the printer. Check for any available firmware updates for your printer model and install them accordingly.

Reset the Printer to Factory Defaults: Resetting the printer to its factory defaults can sometimes resolve persistent issues. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.