Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

When you go to print the cleaning page,,it asks you to place a piece of paper in the number one tray then it precedes report a jam in tray 2. I see many instances of this being reported but no actual solutions, I have checked the plastic piece under tray three and it is where it belongs. Someone semi- helpfully posted three photos saying something about the sensors  but nothing specific and providing zero details or follow up.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It's not a really tray 1 on this model and it's same on HP CM2320 CP2025 M375 M475 M451.

Tray 1 needs tray 2 works with it, when input from tray 1 and it'll send the paper to the tray 2 then completes all  the  processes.

That's why you saw  a jam in tray 2, all you have to do is to replace the pick-up roller and it'll be fine.

There might be another situation that is the tray 2's solenoid's sticky problem and when it happens the paper will extrude at the paper input entrance. And if it's the case it'll be hard to deal with the solenoid because it's difficult to get to the solenoid. What i always did is to cut off the black plastic outside the solenoid because it's more easy and effective. It's place is at right most of the pick-up roller.

Check here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/CP2025-quot-Sticky-Solenoid-quot/m-p/7459198/Pop_SU#...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, But in my case the pickup roller ever doesn't start to actually move the paper along. The Jam is virtual no paper moves.

HP Recommended

If you saw jam at tray2 on the screen then replace the pick-up roller - it's worn pick-up roller.

If the screen shows 59.C0 / 59.F0 then you need to deal with the sticky solenoid or defeat transfer belt.

HP Recommended

As I have said before the pickup roller doesn't turn . If you put paper in tray one there IS NO MOVEMENT of any rollers. The Jam indication does not indicate any other error messages.

HP Recommended

Anyone? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.