Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HPM227fdw

So someone gave me this HPM227fdw to fix, and I believe the problem is: there is supposed to be a small strip of clear plastic or Mylar on the ADF scanner glass that "lifts" the paper up off the scanner platen when you use the ADF. The person who gave me this printer to fix may have removed it, so I wanted to know: Can I purchase a replacement part? If so, can someone let me know where? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the story from a service tech view. That part is supposed to be available, I lobbied and hounded my contacts at HP and 2 weeks ago got an email from them saying that the part for the 400 series products was now available. I ordered immediately, still waiting for them to ship. Some users have taken a screen cover for a tablet computer and cut to fit.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here is the story from a service tech view. That part is supposed to be available, I lobbied and hounded my contacts at HP and 2 weeks ago got an email from them saying that the part for the 400 series products was now available. I ordered immediately, still waiting for them to ship. Some users have taken a screen cover for a tablet computer and cut to fit.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

@Repairatrooper wrote:

Some users have taken a screen cover for a tablet computer and cut to fit.

I saw that, and that's INSANE! Those hard plastic ones? They shatter, you try and cut them, your going to wind up with plastic particles everywhere! 

I went to staples, got a plastic report cover, the flexible and  conveniently 8.5 x 11 size, cut it down, and glued it to the white angled thing.  

Works pretty good.  If you could reply back here if you hear they're finally shipping, I'd love to get a few to have.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.