Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One - N911n
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a Officejet 8600 premium with 2 trays. I use tray 1 for envelops and tray 2 for regular.  It just started to try to print regular copies from the auto feeder  to tray 1 although it sends regular copies from the flatbed glass to tray 2 as it is supposed to.  How can I get the auto feeder to copy to tray 2?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Michael_L

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

You can go to the Copy menu on the Printer and select "Tray Select"

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Michael_L

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

You can go to the Copy menu on the Printer and select "Tray Select"

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If I put a document on the auto feed of on the glass and try to make a copy, it will not make a copy from tray #2.  It will only use tray #1.  If tray #1 is empty but tray #2paper, it tells me to add paper. If envelops are in tray #1 it will print on envelops even though paper is in tray #2.

If I use the computer to copy a document to a file and then print it from the computer, it works fine.  If I print from the computer, it prints the documents from tray #2 and envelopes from tray #1 just as expected.

I tried setting tray #2 in the copy settings on the printer and it seemed to work.  However, when I tried it the second time, the printer had reset itself to tray #1. 

Is there a way to get it to hold the settings?

I would rather not have to switch my envelopes to tray #2

HP Recommended

Problem fixed.

When I was setting the tray to #2, I did not scroll down to save settings as default.  

I just realized that scrolling down to that setting was an option and it seems to have worked.

I should have noticed the option to scroll down.

MY BAD

Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.