Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a brand new machine.  The paper feeder works for copying.  The paper feeder does not work for scanning,  The scanner works using the flatbed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gjwein

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to isolate the issue. 

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: Click here 

And, also update the printer firmware:

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@gjwein

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to isolate the issue. 

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: Click here 

And, also update the printer firmware:

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.  Still having the same issue.  Working from the screen on the printer the paper feed does not work when trying to scan to desktop.

HP Recommended

@gjwein

Thank you for posting back.

Did you select the source to be "Use document feeder when loaded"?

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes.  The feeding tray works perfectly if I am scanning using the computer.  But when I try to scan from the panel of the printer the feeder does not work.  When I load the page to be scanned I do get that reassuring ding and "document loaded" but when I touch scan the printer scans from the glass and does not use the feeder.

HP Recommended

@gjwein

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try this article: Automatic document feeder does not pick paper or feeds too many sheets By the end of the article you will be able to isolate the issue. If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.