Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-06-2022 07:36 PM - last edited on 06-09-2022 08:47 AM by Ric_ob
Printer works fine, until I try to load HP glossy photo paper size 4x6 to print a photo. It will not "grab" the photo paper and gives me a message "make sure paper is loaded etc." Is there a trick to get it to feed properly? Online and even phone customer support was useless.
06-11-2022 03:12 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that your printer is not feeding the photo paper, I am glad to assist you.
Clean the rollers underneath the printer
- Turn off the printer, and then disconnect any cords connected to the printer, such as the power cord and USB cable.
- Pull open the input tray and remove any paper.
- Secure the top of the printer with one hand and turn the printer on its side to access the paper rollers under the printer.
- Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.
- Press the cloth against the rollers inside the printer, and then rotate the rollers upwards with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.
- Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).
- Close the input tray, and then set the printer upright.
- Reconnect the power cord and any other cables to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.
Reset the printer
Sometimes an error persists even though there is no paper feed issue. Reset the printer, and then try to print.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- NOTE:HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- Try to print.
Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates
Here are the steps:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community