Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6458 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know what cardstock is useable for the HP Envy Pro 6458 All-in-One Printer. I keep finding mixed reviews, some say that up to 100lbs is fine others say only up to 53lbs. I have the Neena 65lb/176gsm cardstock and want to make sure that I have the setting rights in order to print on this paper. How do I set up my printer for this cardstock and is this cardstock okay to use in my printer without causing any trouble? Please and thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That printer model doesn't support printing on cardstock. You can find detailed info regarding paper handling in printers specification or datasheet,

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That printer model doesn't support printing on cardstock. You can find detailed info regarding paper handling in printers specification or datasheet,

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, I bought this printer used and it didn't come with a datasheet or anything just a single sheet of paper explaining how to set up the printer. I looked up the manual online and couldn't find the information I needed. Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.