Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1st off  the "select from my products" won't let me enter the the printer name and model number.

Anyways.  1st off the OS is Windows 10 Pro 64bit. In a Gateway laptop model NV570-18U. I am have a paper feed problem in a HP laser jet  P1006. The paper isn't been grabbed straite. The right side isn't grabbing the paper right . The paper bows up on the right side. I have had this printer for about 5 years with no problems until now.  Without taking the whole printer apart, I checked the rollers and whatever I can check and I didn't see anything  wrong.

Steve-kc7byp
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

By your description of bowing the paper on the right side would indicate that there is some type of obstruction in the paper path. You need to check closely for either paper, foreign object or broken paper guide. sometimes flossing by forcing a piece of card stock through the paper path in the normal direction of travel and push out any blockages.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

1st off before the move from the old apt to the new apt in the same complex the printer worked fine for a long time.

Now the right side isn't bowing anymore. Now the paper starts to feed strate  but only feeds in a few inches then stops feeding. A visual inspection doesn't find anything wrong. I have pulled the toner cartridge and put it back in, reset the paper. The paper still won't feed more then a few inches. I need the service manual to take the sides and top off to do a more detail inspection.

Repair a trooper said  "By your description of bowing the paper on the right side would indicate that there is some type of obstruction in the paper path. You need to check closely for either paper, foreign object or broken paper guide. sometimes flossing by forcing a piece of card stock through the paper path in the normal direction of travel and push out any blockages.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP."
Steve-kc7byp
HP Recommended

Repair Trooper now the the laserjet P006  is not feeding the paper period. And there is a gear grinding sound on on the right side.  I need to know how to take the sides off the printer so I can look at the gears for damage.

Steve-kc7byp
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.