Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 4015DN

Have a 4015DN printer that has started to put a very slight creases, down the paper. I checked the insides and didn't see any debris that might be causing a problem. I checked the fuser and it still looks to be in good shape. The maintenance kit has 55% left. There have been no complaints of jams.

It might not matter but our Advancement department uses it to print letter head paper.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is this a straight line crease or a wandering crookedly down the page crease? If no other visible problems, likely the fuser starting to fail. PM kit % are based on printing 10 page minimum jobs. If always printing single page jobs life and be up to 60% less than rating. Also make sure you have the firmware current as older versions of firmware can lead to premature fuser failure.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

By the way it's 20 years old.

HP Recommended

Is this a straight line crease or a wandering crookedly down the page crease? If no other visible problems, likely the fuser starting to fail. PM kit % are based on printing 10 page minimum jobs. If always printing single page jobs life and be up to 60% less than rating. Also make sure you have the firmware current as older versions of firmware can lead to premature fuser failure.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

two straight lines going down the long way.

HP Recommended

Ok if they are perfect straight lines then likely you have dragging of some roller assembly. Can you post a sample with the measurement of how far apart the marks are from each other and the edge of the page?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.