Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP M209dw Laser Jet. Out of paper light is on, but I put paper in. It won't print. Tried opening and closing the door, powering on and off. Thanks for any ideas

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NewYorker33

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to your printer? 
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle. 

Also, the paper settings in the print driver must match what is loaded in the tray.

NOTE:These changes do not change the default print settings. The print settings return to default the next time the program opens.

• Open the document that you were trying to print when the issue occurred.
  • Click File, and then click Print. The Print dialog box opens.
  • Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on the software program, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
  • Click the tab that provides paper type and size settings. The tab might be Features or Paper/Quality.
  • From the Size is a drop-down menu, select the paper size that matches the paper in the tray.
  • From the Type is a drop-down menu, select the paper type that matches the paper in the tray.
  • Click OK, and then click OK again to print the document.

NOTE: If the issue is resolved, and you want to print on another type of paper, load the new paper type, and then repeat the previous steps for the new paper.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I fixed it, can't recall how. I couldn't use my previous id somehow, had to re-register. 

HP Recommended

@NewYorker331

Thank you for posting back.

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.