Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2720e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I set up my 2720e printer and finished the installation. Later I was looking at Printer Info and noticed that in the country dropdown box it stated Germany. I am in England so changed it to UK. Now the hp smart app on my laptop is asking me to finish the installation and add the printer cartridges etc, something that I have already done. The printer is currently working OK, but the window that comes up when you open the hp smart app shows the printer with 'Finish Setup' and not the printer with the two cartridges next to. How can I resolve this, please?

Realised that I replied to  myself as opposed to sending a new message, but just to add that the mobile hp smart app is now showing as laptop hp smart app with 'Finish Setup.' Would really like to get this resolved if anyone can support, please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Actually, have just noticed that on my mobile, the hp smart app is showing correctly - the printer with the cartridges. Maybe I just need to re download the hp smart app on my laptop? Can anyone help, please?

HP Recommended

@Loughton

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that you're unable to finish the HP smart app setup. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's update the printer's firmware, refer - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, follow the next steps. Uninstall the app from your Windows 10 device through All Apps list.

• In Windows, search for and open Apps & features.
  • Click HP Smart in the list of apps, and then click Uninstall.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.