Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw

Hi,

I am trying to scan to Drive using the Apps icon (I have already done it before) but now I see

Access Denied.

The service might be busy, please try later.

If the problem continues, check for firmware update.

I have updated printer's FW to the latest, and I tried this one

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4152459-4016255-16

I tried to remove cables, cartriges, reset everything and when I define Drive from scratch it works, but next time it gives the same error.

Some  details

Service ID:10120
Firmware Datecode:20231206
Control Panel Version:0x07
Disable Fax:No
Telecom Version:05-021-002

Please assist

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

UPDATE 1:

After 2 days of retrying, now it basically works, but after each click on either item within the Apps, it pops up the error message, but after retry it somehow goes on. I need to click a lot of "Retry" but eventually it works.

It looks like the newest version makes this problem. I bought this printer a month ago,  and before I updated the FW it worked. So I would like to ask support to provide me a previous version and I will downgrade it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.