Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2632
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received my printer today, set an admin password, now it won't accept the password I set, nor the default blank.

I've tried the reset procedure (power button 2 sec, cancel button add 2 sec, release cancel button 2 sec, release power button) - it prints the info page, and the wifi connection is lost

I then go to the HP Smart app on my phone to reconfigure the printer, it finds it, but will not let me enter my wifi password, just keeps coming up with an error. I've been trying for hours now, about 3 printer resets, no luck. It still seems to have retained the admin password but not accepting it, how do I do a complete factory reset from the printer given that the reset option is locked behind the password that it won't accept?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

solved my own issue.

So the reset does NOT clear the EWS custom password. However, the password is capped at 16 characters, I'd used more, so tried using the first x, x-1, x-2, etc. until I got to 16 characters and then it accepted my password... So what had happened was that my password was entered in the full number of characters and truncated to only take the first 16 characters and ignored the reset, I've managed to reset it now. It wasn't accepting my wifi password to connect to the network as it required the EWS password first, and the Mobile App wasn't showing that, but doing from my laptop did

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

solved my own issue.

So the reset does NOT clear the EWS custom password. However, the password is capped at 16 characters, I'd used more, so tried using the first x, x-1, x-2, etc. until I got to 16 characters and then it accepted my password... So what had happened was that my password was entered in the full number of characters and truncated to only take the first 16 characters and ignored the reset, I've managed to reset it now. It wasn't accepting my wifi password to connect to the network as it required the EWS password first, and the Mobile App wasn't showing that, but doing from my laptop did

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.