cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Admin Password

HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2632
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received my printer today, set an admin password, now it won't accept the password I set, nor the default blank.

I've tried the reset procedure (power button 2 sec, cancel button add 2 sec, release cancel button 2 sec, release power button) - it prints the info page, and the wifi connection is lost

I then go to the HP Smart app on my phone to reconfigure the printer, it finds it, but will not let me enter my wifi password, just keeps coming up with an error. I've been trying for hours now, about 3 printer resets, no luck. It still seems to have retained the admin password but not accepting it, how do I do a complete factory reset from the printer given that the reset option is locked behind the password that it won't accept?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

solved my own issue.

So the reset does NOT clear the EWS custom password. However, the password is capped at 16 characters, I'd used more, so tried using the first x, x-1, x-2, etc. until I got to 16 characters and then it accepted my password... So what had happened was that my password was entered in the full number of characters and truncated to only take the first 16 characters and ignored the reset, I've managed to reset it now. It wasn't accepting my wifi password to connect to the network as it required the EWS password first, and the Mobile App wasn't showing that, but doing from my laptop did

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation