Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I've recently installed a HP OfficeJet 3835 and downloaded the HP Smart App. However the scan settings in the App are very basic compared to the advanced scan settings in the HP Solution Center software I had with my previous printer HP B110 Smartseries.  Is there a way I can see and update advanced scan settings (eg change the scan default folder, scan to email etc)?

I've gone to the drivers page for this printer to see if this can help and under "Driver-product installation software" it tells me to add HP Smart ,which is confusing as I've already added it and can see the printer from it!

Then under "Software-Utility" it lists HP OfficeJet 3830 series Print and Scan Driver and Accessories version 40.11 dated Apr 24 2017 as available for download and is described as the "full solution software".  Is this the driver needed to update advanced settings?

Really confused so many thanks for any help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pwgb, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use this link- HP OfficeJet 3835 All-in-One Printer , HP OfficeJet 3830 series Print and Scan Driver and Accessories, Windows 10 (64-bit) , 164.2 MB , OJ3830_Full_WebPack_1119.exe

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-3830-all-in-one-printer-seri...

Download, install, and configure the printer.  Try scanning.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pwgb, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use this link- HP OfficeJet 3835 All-in-One Printer , HP OfficeJet 3830 series Print and Scan Driver and Accessories, Windows 10 (64-bit) , 164.2 MB , OJ3830_Full_WebPack_1119.exe

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-3830-all-in-one-printer-seri...

Download, install, and configure the printer.  Try scanning.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help, TEJ1602 - I've downloaded the full version software from the link you supplied and I can now access and use the Advanced Scan Settings, but it's worth pointing out that these advanced options are available through the HP Printer Assistant shortcut created when installing the full software and not through the HP Smart App which only has the basic scan options.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.