Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I scan a document to a PC (PC connected via USB), Windows File Explorer opens up.  My old HP printer software from 10 years ago had a setting that let me disable this.  However, I can't find a setting to disable this in "HP Smart" software.

Could someone please tell me how to turn this feature off in "HP Smart" software or the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Open the HP Envy Photo 7800 icon on your desktop and select Scan, then Scan a Docuemnt or Photo.

Select the requires scan shortcut and press More >

Open the destination tab and change the settings for "After saving the file"

ShlomiL_0-1615620246936.png

From your description, I believe you may use WSD which cannot control a such, if you cannot find an HP Envy Phto 7800 icon as listed follow below version of the HP Print and Scan doctor by selecting Fix Scanning to install the Full Feature HP Software and then change the settings:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you scan using the printer front panel or any application on your computer?

Assuming that by using the front panel, what EXACT steps are taken? what EXACT name is listed for your computer? to better understand if you are using Windows WSD scanning or the HP Scan software, as both options provide a such.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  I scan from the front LCD panel of the printer.  I select Scan\Computer\Horizon USB.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Open the HP Envy Photo 7800 icon on your desktop and select Scan, then Scan a Docuemnt or Photo.

Select the requires scan shortcut and press More >

Open the destination tab and change the settings for "After saving the file"

ShlomiL_0-1615620246936.png

From your description, I believe you may use WSD which cannot control a such, if you cannot find an HP Envy Phto 7800 icon as listed follow below version of the HP Print and Scan doctor by selecting Fix Scanning to install the Full Feature HP Software and then change the settings:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you!  It was exactly as you described.  Thank you for the excellent support.  HP does a very good job supporting their customers on this forum!  Please continue the excellent support!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.