Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4512
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got a new computer. When I set up my HP Envy 4512 printer automatic duplex printing is not installed. This was working on my old computer. How do I get this feature back for m y printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy and check.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Check device settings it duplex set to Installed.

duplex.png

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

That's the problem. On my old laptop with this same printer I had no problems configuring for automatic duplex printing. Now, on my new laptop, the only option I have is manual duplex. The printer settings say that duplex printing is not installed. Is there some additional software other than the printer drivers that I have to install to enable this?

HP Recommended

Is there a difference between the HP Envy 5520 drivers and the HP Envy 4510 drivers with respect to duplex printing capabilities? Somehow it looks like I may have both drivers installed. Could this be the source of my problem with automatic duplex printing on my HP Envy 4512?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy and check.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks. The HP Print and Scan Doctor found a port problem after the reboot. When I printed a multi-page document this time I could configure the app to automatically print the output in duplex.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.