Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet 3700
Chrome OS

I can’t connect my chromebook to my new printer..it doesn’t matter what I try it won’t connect! It’s registered..it’s set up..it shows on the print page but says can’t connect. I’ve also had an alert to say some features aren’t set up. I have followed every step but still can’t get it to work! Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Kara26,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to print using HP smart.

Try the below suggestions -

Install HP Print for Chrome

To print from the Chrome browser, install the HP Print for Chrome extension from the Chrome Web Store.

Review these requirements to use HP Print for Chrome.

• A Chromebook, Mac, or Windows computer connected to the internet

• An active **bleep** or Google Chrome account

• The latest version of the Chrome browser: Go to Update Google Chrome (in English) for more information

1. From the Chrome browser, go to HP Print for Chrome (in English).

2. Click Add to Chrome, and then follow the instructions to complete the extension setup.

The Print for Chrome window opening after successful installation

Print with HP Print for Chrome

Print documents, images, web pages, and emails from the Chrome browser.

1. Turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the same network as the computer or with a USB cable.

2. From the Chrome browser, open the item you want to print.

3. Click the Print icon  if available, or click the browser Menu icon , and then select Print.

4. Select your printer from the Destination menu and change any print job settings as needed.

5. Click Print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

0C7278D4-3E7E-46CE-BB9E-EAF70B739351.jpeg

D58EE780-5290-4DAA-B410-912C3D28BE2E.jpeg

HP Recommended
Did you install and use HP SMART  ?
get it from.   123.hp.com

An HP Smart account allows you to print and scan from the HP SMART app, as well as access to premium features such as mobile fax. 

It will take you to the HP web site to identify your printer and install the correct printer drivers.
Russ Hodes
HP Recommended

Yes I’ve downloaded the app..there was another one I had to get too..

HP Recommended

Yes I’ve done that but it still won’t connect!

HP Recommended

Hi @Kara26,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to print using HP smart.

Try the below suggestions -

Install HP Print for Chrome

To print from the Chrome browser, install the HP Print for Chrome extension from the Chrome Web Store.

Review these requirements to use HP Print for Chrome.

• A Chromebook, Mac, or Windows computer connected to the internet

• An active **bleep** or Google Chrome account

• The latest version of the Chrome browser: Go to Update Google Chrome (in English) for more information

1. From the Chrome browser, go to HP Print for Chrome (in English).

2. Click Add to Chrome, and then follow the instructions to complete the extension setup.

The Print for Chrome window opening after successful installation

Print with HP Print for Chrome

Print documents, images, web pages, and emails from the Chrome browser.

1. Turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the same network as the computer or with a USB cable.

2. From the Chrome browser, open the item you want to print.

3. Click the Print icon  if available, or click the browser Menu icon , and then select Print.

4. Select your printer from the Destination menu and change any print job settings as needed.

5. Click Print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.