Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

It's a P1102

HP Recommended

@Melias1

The only option to download the printer driver is via HP Easy Start. Try again, Click here to download.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Has HP Easy Start been updated?  If not, why bother?

As I've removed my printer and attaching it again is a pain I'm going to wait for Melias1's report.

HP Recommended

I have a C7180 and the printer drivers suddenly stopped working on my Mac.  As advised by the HP website I have uninstalled them but now can't find any to download. using HP Easy Start or via the support website.  There were some for an old OS version (10.6) which I downloaded but it doesn't work - something about Apple only running 64 bit applications now so HP need to update the driver applications?  Help please!! It may be old but it is a great printer and going strong.  I would be very disappointed if HP simply gave up on it.

HP Recommended

@Penelope4321

There are no drivers available for HP Photosmart C7180 All-in-One Printer to work on macOS 11 and it is not AirPrint compatible. 

However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

For both the P1102 and the C4780 models, please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Scan menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello Kumar,  is there a Big Sur driver for the Photosmart C4385 series?

HP Recommended

@Sivart67, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I'm afraid there is no driver for this model printer on the HP Support site to work on macOS Big Sur. Click here to check the same. 

You may try using the Guten print drivers as mentioned in my previous post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Sivart67 wrote:

Hello Kumar,  is there a Big Sur driver for the Photosmart C4385 series?

Hi @Sivart67 ,

Try following below version of the HP Easy Start Utility:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

As soon as you open HP Easy Start, click the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software...
Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password and follow the steps on screen.
Click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to reinstall your printer with HP Easy Start and check if that may work.

If you experience any issues, open HP Easy Start again, from the HP Easy Start menu select Preferences.
Click on HP Easy Start.log and the log folder will launch, please reply me back via a Private Message with the log content attached.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello Kumar,

Thank you for the link.  Unfortunately our printer is not supported in the Gimp-Print database.  Guess we'll wait, or get a new printer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.