Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 9010
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer has ran out of color ink but has enough black ink: 

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 12.13.14.png

So based on an HP article I'm trying to print in greyscale instead of black and white.
But because my printer is using Apple Airprint (and I can't find a way to not use Airprint) there seems to be no setting for greyscale as directed in the HP article:

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 12.13.41.png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If your cartridge is depleted then you will need to replace the depleted cartridge to continue to print (b/w or colour it doesn't matter)

You will not be able to print anything with depleted cartridges.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Why would it need the colour cartridge to print in greyscale?

HP Recommended

You can't print anything with the depleted cartridge that is the way the printer protects the printhead from overheating a failure.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

The check box for Black & White in the AirPrint driver is the equivalent to Grayscale in the HP driver.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.