Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

HP ENVY 5055 - Printer cannot connect to web services. I have checked the following:

- returned to factory settings

- reconnected to Bluetooth / wifi (and can see the printer connected via router software)

- updated printer firmware

- entered printer IP into web browser to verify settings - which show it is connected

Please help! This perfectly good printer is now garbage, as it will not connect to web services and will not print. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@AngryConsumer1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

• Open the advanced settings in the HP Smart app or connect to the printer homepage to enable Web Services.
  • Open the Advanced Settings (EWS) in the HP Smart app or type the printer IP address into a web browser address bar.
  • If a login or certificate window displays, complete the information to finish opening the EWS.
  • If a website security certificate displays, click Continue to open the printer homepage.
  • If a login window opens, type admin for the username, and then type the PIN found on the label located underneath or on the back of the printer, or the password set by the printer administrator.
  • On the printer homepage or from the advanced settings, click Web Services.
  • Click Continue, Turn On, or Enable, and then follow any instructions to turn on Web Services.
  • Clicking Continue from the Web Services settings in the Embedded Web Server

And, also update the printer firmware:

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. Thank you for your response! I followed the instructions and typed the printer's IP into a browser (chrome) to access advanced settings / web services. After ensuring it was enabled, the settings read:

Web Services - Enabled

Internet Connection - Connected

Printer connection to HP connected - NOT CONNECTED*
*(The "try again" cta does not change the setting)

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 1.19.06 PM.png

HP ePrint - ON

HP Instant ink - enabled

How do i change the setting of "Printer connection to HP connected"? This seems to be the issue.

Additionally, I downloaded the firmware update for my specific model, but after installation, received the following error:
The firmware updater does not contain upgrades for your device.  

Thanks again for any help you might provide.

HP Recommended

@AngryConsumer1

Thank you for posting back.

As we have tried all the troubleshooting steps from our end, think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings and thank you for your response.

As you can see from the following screenshot, there is no message icon next to my name. The Icon/alert bell is the link to these conversations and the alert in the right hand megaphone icon is for "windows 11 help".  As you can see from my screenshot, the link you provided returns an error message. I am currently logged in (as you can see from my status in the screenshot as well).

Please send a phone number or a proper working link so that I can troubleshoot this issue that has persisted for weeks. Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 2.31.42 PM.png

HP Recommended

I have contacted HP customer service and was advised to remove the instant ink account tied to the printer. The account is now removed, and I reset the printer to factory defaults. I've reconnected to wifi, created a new HP account and created a new instant ink account. I am still met with the following roadblocks:

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 6.29.59 PM.png

It seems the issue is on HP's end, as the error message reads "the server may be busy or temporarily unavailable". The server has been busy and temporarily unavailable for literally months now. Please advise when the server will be able to handle very simple connection requests. I've exhausted all other avenues to troubleshoot this issue. I believe the issue is around instant ink subscription, forcing consumers into a subscription model to even use the hardware. I am willing to purchase instant ink. Please advise how to make this work. 

HP Recommended

@AngryConsumer1

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Instant Ink team so they can sort this out. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.