Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M283fdw
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I am beyond frustrated. I was hours on the phone with HP when I first got the printer. They finally told me to return the printer to Staples and get a new one. The new one- SAME issue.  I could not connect the printer to my 4 month old Mac.  I finally got things working with Airprint, so I can print from my phone.  Then got it to print from my Quicken app and also Safari. BUT I CANNOT PRINT FROM CHROME BROWSER.  Super frustrating as I have so many google docs and saved bookmarks on Google Chrome.  HP says its a Google Chrome issue.  Mac said it was an HP issue (drivers have not been given for Macs in their easy set up process, hence the super long frustrating complicated and tedious setup).  Here's what I have already done:

1. Reinstalled Chrome

2. Worked with HP to death.

3. Cleared cookie/cache- but alas I did not go as far as to delete all of my passwords.

When I print from Chrome, I get nothing in the preview box and a blue circle in the Destination. Everything is greyed out.  Can't use a pulldown menu.  

I am now downloading a Big Sur update (11.3) that arrived today. I pray that helps...I'll update after.  Please let me know what else to do. Nothing I have seen in this support community has helped.  With so many people having this issue why doesn't HP have an answer posted for it??

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

no go on the Big Sur update 11.3 Argh...

HP Recommended

@JanieLico

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Do you have any other computer that you can try printing from using the google chrome browser?

That would be our step to differentiate if this is a computer or a printer driver issue.

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, yes my Macbook laptop is Catalina OS and prints fine with Chrome to the new printer.  

HP Recommended

Since this is an Operating System issue, I would recommend you to contact Apple Support regarding this.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have contacted HP, Apple Support, and investigated Google help sites. NO HELP. 

HP Recommended

At this point, we can only recommend you to reach out to HP Support for remote assistance again.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.