Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755 Compact All in One
macOS 10.15 Catalina

HP Print customer service has been absolutely garbage. Here is my issue. I had a hp print code for HP Instant Ink I bought from Amazon with the printer and I applied it to my account. My app then said that I had to update my payment information. I attempted to update my payment information because I had a new payment card issued to me through my bank, and I CANNOT find the page to literally just update my payment information. I called HP today and was on hold for 45 minutes and still didn't reach anyone. I eventually opted for the option for to be sent a link to some forum, I'm assuming it is this, and the link went to a dead end on some random page and I had to manually look up this forum.  I tried everything with my printer, following every little step by step that remotely seemed to be directed towards my printing situation and I've given up. This is my last attempt.  My printer keeps on telling me that it won't print until I update my payment information and the app is doing nothing for me either. I want to talk to an ACTUAL PERSON who CARES about the struggle I've been having with this printer, I got it from Amazon around August of this year and it should not be acting up and giving me this much grief. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LLLNNNKKK, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Sign in to your HP Instant Ink account and follow the steps below-

1. Sign in to hpinstantink.com/signin.

Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.

2. At the top of the Status area on your HP Instant Ink account page, click the refresh icon  to obtain the most current information about your monthly fees. Look for a green checkmark and Online to make sure your printer is connected to the HP Instant Ink service.

If the printer status is not online, make sure your printer is turned on and connected to the network, then click the refresh icon again.

Clicking the refresh icon and making sure the printer is online

3. In the My Account section, click Change Billing Information, then click either Edit Payment Information or Add to Prepaid Balance.

Clicking Change Billing Information

4. If you are changing your payment card information, retype the credit or debit card number, expiration date, and CVV number on the back of the card. To change any part of the information, you must retype all the fields. Make sure the billing address is correct.

5. If the card number and expiration date are correct and the error message continues to display, contact your bank or credit card company to learn why the charge is being declined.

6. If your bank or credit card company finds nothing wrong with the card and the charge continues to be declined, contact HP support. On your HP Instant Ink account page, click Chat at the top of the page to open a chat with HP support (Chat is not available in all countries).

Clicking Chat at the top of the account page

7. To find a phone number for HP Support in your location, follow these steps:

1. Click Contact HP Support in the Help Center area of the account page.

Clicking Contact HP Support on the account page

2. On the HP Customer Support - Contact page, scroll down and select your location and language.

3. Click Show options.

HP contact options display on the screen.

4. Select Chat Now or Get Phone Number (Chat is not available in all countries).

5. Fill in the form and then click Chat Now or Submit.

6. For phone support, call the number displayed and be prepared to provide the case number that is displayed on the contact page.

Let me know the outcome. If the issue persists, we can escalate the issue further.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.