Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @BK4219 

The thread shows the Product:subject as HP Laserjet Pro 3001 Dwe and the reset procedure is for HP LaserJet Pro 3003dw, both are applicable.

At time 5:00, following the video, it prints the Pairing Code for the HP LaserJet Pro 3003dw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwFfm5vAHVw

For the MFP model, the Pairing code is shown on the Control panel after activating HP+ at time 4:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-MJGC26vTw

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 Remember to like and share the video if you know of friends that would find this useful. Click on the bell so you will not miss out on any new videos. This tutorial shows how to Unbox & Setup the HP LaserJet Pro
HP Recommended

You are mistaken. Thor models you show have different buttons than my model, so the steps to

reset the wireless are not the same. Also, the video you show for the 3100 series does not help because my printer is not showing the printer code. I think HP knows this is an issue because they are permitting me to return the device, and I spent three to four hours on the line with an HP support person who could not solve it. Sending advice that disregards everything I have already explained is not helpful. 

HP Recommended

Hi @BK4219 

What's the printer model you have?

This thread was for HP LaserJet Pro 3000 Printer series.  If it is for other printer model, the instructions may be different.

Glad to hear that your printer was replaced.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
HP Recommended

For all the "IT PROS" on here struggling with "E" series products, the solution is simple. Buy the non-"E" versions of the printer and simply use HP UPD driver. Most of these "E" devices have a corresponding non "E" equivalent. I realize that the saving on price and extra warranty is attractive but I also well know that you will be back here in  months complaining that you cannot use 3rd party toner, because that is the other term you agree to by buying an "E" series product.  

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Yes, this is what HP is doing. It's incredibly stupid and I will never recommend HP low end printers to anyone anymore.

Printing is computer > printer. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to involve the Internet.

HP hires the dumbest engineers on the planet.

To answer your question, return the printer and get a different brand. There is no way around this.

I had the same problem with a company that I manage. The printers would not connect to the internet. The Web UI will not display until the printer is activated, and you can't activate the printer without the pairing code WHICH IS ON THE PRINTER'S WEB PAGE.

HP Recommended

You can't print a Web Services Information page from the printer's built-in webpage because ITS NOT AVAILABLE BECAUSE THE PRINTER IS NOT ACTIVATED. It's a stupid loop. HP is stupid.

HP Recommended

If you, Mr. "expert" bought a car from me but you couldn’t drive it until I approved you to do so under my explicit conditions... and when you went to refuel it you had to ask for my permission to approve the fuel you'd call me a dictator of some sort. HP "E" series is part of the problem. Further, and I'll sound it out like you're six,... since that’s the level you’re on… not all "IT PROS" have the ability to control purchasing and those doing the purchasing don't look at terms, just cost and/or availability. You are wrong here and your lack of concern coupled with clear condescension about this obvious oversight is also part of a problem which should be concerning to those who employ you.

HP Recommended

Yes,  I had the same issue.  Our network setup had blocked communications from the printer to HP.  I needed them up in a hurry for a project and ended up taking them home to finish the online setup so I could finally set up the IP for use.  Complete garbage if you ask me.

HP Recommended

@DMAC101 , I do not normally respond on here as this is a support board more than a discussion board, but the reality today is everyone, including car companies pulls this kind of stuff. Extra range for your Tesla, extra power for your Mercedes, remote start for your Toyota? All the extras are there but you have to pay to use them. I do not have an opinion one way or the other on the whole "E" or "non-E" debate. My issue is dealers selling the products and not explaining to buyers what it means. Yes you get 2 years of warranty, yes it is cheaper, but the trade-off is an HP account, constant internet connection and always use HP cartridges. If that is properly explained, people can make that choice and some will willingly chose that course. But once one has made the choice, one cannot complain that one does not like the terms. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

printer prevents any attempt to print anything without pairing code which is on a label that does not exist on my printer. Additionally, setup via the  easy start program also asks for the pairing code which fails to appear on the lcd panel as suggested. There is no way to PRIBNT a page since the setup requires this step first. Printer has an IP via DHCP but the embedded web page also requires the PIN code which does not exist.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.